One-year MoziversaryTags: mozilla
At this day last year I walked into the Mozilla Berlin office to start my first day of work. 365 days later, today is my very first #moziversary.
I joined the Firefox Telemetry Team, now consisting of :chutten, :Dexter, :gfritzsche, :travis_ (he joined us in November) and me.
Since I joined I:
- visited 5 of the Mozilla Offices (Berlin, Paris, London, Mountain View, San Francisco)
- hosted 2 Rust All-Hands in the Berlin office
- attended 2 Mozilla All-Hands
- had a work week with my team
- hosted regular Rust Hack'n'Learns in the office's Community Space (every second Wednesday!)
- commented on over 250 Bugzilla bugs (about 800 comments apparently)
- were assigned to and closed over 100 bugs
- became a Telemetry peer
- broke Firefox and Firefox for Android once or twice
- read a dozen or so internal project proposals
- had an uncountable number of meetings (yes, meetings can be fun & useful)
- delivered crucial new features for Telemetry in Firefox
- wrote far more SQL than I thought this job would involve
- move twice inside Berlin
... and probably lots of other stuff I forgot.
The next projects for Firefox Telemetry are already in progress or about to start, mobile Telemetry is progressing quickly and, while I haven't written code for the current implementation, I hope to talk more about that soon.
To the next year and beyond!
First and foremost of course a big THANK YOU to my team.
It's been fun working along you.
Another big thank you to everyone in the Mozilla Berlin office, it's always a pleasure to come to the office. And of course thank you for everyone I worked with so far at Mozilla.